Three Things re: Instagram
2) When you look at photos made with Instagram, you are not looking at images of people or landscapes, you are looking at Instagram. The subject of the photos is incidental. What you see are the filters and the algorithms and, ultimately, the corporation. At least that’s how it feels to me.
Though I have parsed the post to reflect only my opinion and not Mark’s complete thought, this is 98% of the reason I cannot stand Instagram. The remaining 2% houses rage for the word “sepia.” No matter the hue, tone or contrast, your photography will remain unappealing to everyone but yourself.